Friday, April 24, 2009

What about Susan Boyle?


Once I was in a lecture in which the lecturer quoted a term that was quite new. In fact, I never heard the term again, either because I am outdated or just because it hasn't become a hit.
The word is "e-pace". He was talking about the speed imposed to the world in the electronic era.
When Andy Warhol said "in the future" people were going to be famous for 15 minutes, I don't think he ever imagined people would become famous in 15 minutes. Am I wrong? So tell me about Scottish-singer Susan Boyle. One night she was 'nobody'. A few days later more than 20 million hits on her YouTube video - plus the millions who watched her on TV - knew about her dream of turning into a world famous singer. We have to admit the woman's got a wonderful voice. But what if there wasn't e-pace? What if things weren't this fast?
Well, sometimes I wish things didn't move that fast. I have the terrible feeling sometimes that I can't live up to the speed. Sometimes I just don't think I can move any faster.
I hope someday soon people realize that there must be a reason why we're moving towards we're moving at such a high speed. Otherwise, why would we be so eager to get 'there'?

No comments:

Post a Comment